Recipe by chelgilm
My husband was looking for something to cook for me one night and found this recipe. It was delicious.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Loved this! Pounded the chicken breasts then doubled the spice mixture to make sure the breasts were covered. Used homemade jalapeno jelly. Not overly spicy, even with the spices doubled, with lots of flavor from the fresh lime and lemon juice. Served with couscous and sauteed squashes, red peppers. and onions. Healthy and delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In small dish, mix the chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and the cayenne pepper.
- Rub the mixture on each chicken breast half.
- In frypan, place the oil and heat to medium temperature.
- Cook the chicken in pan, turning.
- Cook the chicken until juices are clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Combine the juices and jelly in the frying pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 min or so.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.