Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband was looking for something to cook for me one night and found this recipe. It was delicious.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- In small dish, mix the chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and the cayenne pepper.
- Rub the mixture on each chicken breast half.
- In frypan, place the oil and heat to medium temperature.
- Cook the chicken in pan, turning.
- Cook the chicken until juices are clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Combine the juices and jelly in the frying pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 min or so.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.
Loved this! Pounded the chicken breasts then doubled the spice mixture to make sure the breasts were covered. Used homemade jalapeno jelly. Not overly spicy, even with the spices doubled, with lots of flavor from the fresh lime and lemon juice. Served with couscous and sauteed squashes, red peppers. and onions. Healthy and delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This one of the easiest and yet best tasting chicken recipes out there. My only differences were to the spices: 3 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 t. garlic powder instead of garlic salt and a whole 1 tsp cayenne. Don't use this level of spicing though if you or your family do not like intensely flavored food. Use chelgilm's.