Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great little side dish which takes no time to knock together. It is a dry dish but if it starts to stick during cooking add some water. My favourite serving method is on a toasted pita with some sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil and soften onion.
- Stir in curry powder, tomato paste and chili and mix well.
- Stir in the chickpeas and heat through.
This was quick, easy and tasty. I also added a little salt. Would probably taste even better if the flavours were left to meld for a while. I topped it with light sour cream, and served it with roti.