Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Southern Living. Great, easy, quick meal for when you are on the go.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, breatsts cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 tortillas (10 "inch")
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Stir in onions and green pepper and saute until tender.
- Add beans, water, taco seasoning mix, salt, pepper, and chili powder; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Spoon filling into warmed tortillas.
- Top with cheese, tomato and green onion.
- Roll up and serve immediately.