Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chili Chicken with Avocado Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (1/4 lb) boneless chicken breast (1 pound)
- 1 large avocado
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine chili powder and cumin.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and coat with spices.
- Peel avocado and cut into chunks.
- In a blender combine avocado, yogurt, garlic, water, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and coriander; mix until smooth.
- Brown chicken in olive oil, 2 minutes a side.
- Cover, lower heat and cook until just done, about 3 minutes.
- Put chicken on plates and pour avocado sauce over.
Excellent, easy recipe. Another great way to use the chicken is on a salad. The avocado sauce makes a fantastic dressing.