Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Interesting flavor from the combination of squash, chicken and fruit. Low calorie recipe
- 14.79 ml lite olive oil
- 591.47 ml onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 946.36 ml acorn squash, cubed
- 473.18 ml low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 411.06 g can whole tomatoes
- 158.51 ml pitted prune
- 118.29 ml dried apricot
- 22.18 ml chili (or to taste)
- 118.29 ml roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Saute the onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in the oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Use a cover so the steam helps to cook them Add chicken, stir and cook until it white on all sides.
- Stir in the squash,broth,tomatoes, prunes, apricots& spice.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with pumkin seeds& serve with rice.