Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Interesting flavor from the combination of squash, chicken and fruit. Low calorie recipe
Make and share this Chili Chicken With Acorn Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 4 cups acorn squash, cubed
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup pitted prune
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Saute the onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in the oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Use a cover so the steam helps to cook them Add chicken, stir and cook until it white on all sides.
- Stir in the squash,broth,tomatoes, prunes, apricots& spice.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with pumkin seeds& serve with rice.