Interesting flavor from the combination of squash, chicken and fruit. Low calorie recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 4 cups acorn squash, cubed
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2/3 cup pitted prune
- 1/2 cup dried apricot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1Saute the onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in the oil for 5-7 minutes.
- 2Use a cover so the steam helps to cook them Add chicken, stir and cook until it white on all sides.
- 3Stir in the squash,broth,tomatoes, prunes, apricots& spice.
- 4Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 5Adjust seasoning.
- 6Garnish with pumkin seeds& serve with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Chicken With Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 86.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth