Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Instead of ordinary bread crumbs, seasoned crushed corn chips coat these slightly crunchy chicken fingers. This came from Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook!
- 177.44 ml corn chips, crushed (sometimes I use chili-cheese chips)
- 29.58 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml flour
- 4.92-7.39 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1 egg
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip chicken strips in egg, then coat with corn chip mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook half of the chicken in 2 tbls. butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter. Yield: 6 servings.
My Gosh !! What can we say!! DS, and the kids had this testerday, and said these are the best chicken they have ever had, infact wanted tonight too, and got it. Great Great flavoring, and taste. We will be doing again and again.
This was so tasty. I baked mine in a 425 oven for 15 mins. I used chicken tenders. I used tortilla chips and this was so yummy. Thanks for the great recipe.
These were excellent! I made exactly as posted except I added a little water to the egg to stretch it a little further. The flavor is great and I will be making these again and again. Thank you for posting!