Instead of ordinary bread crumbs, seasoned crushed corn chips coat these slightly crunchy chicken fingers. This came from Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook!
- 3⁄4 cup corn chips, crushed (sometimes I use chili-cheese chips)
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip chicken strips in egg, then coat with corn chip mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook half of the chicken in 2 tbls. butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter. Yield: 6 servings.