Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy stir-fry, also good made with pork. Marinating time not included.
- 14.79 ml mild sweet chili sauce
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar or 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 3-4 clove garlic, crushed
- 7.39 ml fresh grated ginger
- 3 small fresh red chilies, finely chopped,deseeded if you want less heat
- 680.38-907.18 g chicken thigh fillets or 680.38-907.18 g chicken breasts, cubed
- 29.58 ml peanut oil, divided
- 2 onions, halved then sliced in wedges
- 453.59 g asparagus
- 340.19 g baby bok choy, shredded
- 29.58 ml green onion tops, chopped
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a glass bowl, add the chicken, mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus, discard, cut asparagus in approx 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Cook, steam or microwave the asparagus until just tender, rinse under cold water, drain.
- Now drain the chicken from the marinade, reserve the marinade.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the wok and stir-fry the onions until going soft, remove.
- Heat the rest of the oil, stir-fry the chicken until just browned, add marinade, simmer for approx 10 minutes, until tender, probably less when you use chicken breast, stir now and then.
- Add the onion, asparagus and bok choy, cook until heated through and the bok choy starts to wilt (this wont be long).
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle on the green onions .
***Made for Pets'R'us cookathon event May 2010*** In the infamous words of Tony the Tiger, this was GGGRRREAT! I really enjoyed this. 2 things I did different, not by choice though. I used regualar cabbage because the Bok Choy was horrible at the store. And I cannot get red chiles here. So, I used a chili garlic sauce, and added in about 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. It was perfect amount of "heat" for me. Thanks Pets for such a great recipe.
Yum! I marinated the chicken thighs for about 4 hours. Made a double batch, so I wasn't able to stir-fry it properly. I don't care, though! =) I added mushrooms, squash, broc, cauli, & other stir fry veggies along with the bok choy and asparagus. Turned out wonderfully moist and delicious. Hubby requested it again
Quick, easy and very good stir-fry. I had to substitute chili garlic sauce as I didn't have the sweet chili sauce. I also had to use dried arbol peppers. I broke them open and dumped the seeds on the chicken. Served with brown rice. This would probably also work well with carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms if bok choy or asparagus are not available. We'll be having this again. Thanks for posting.