Recipe by Pets'R'us
An easy stir-fry, also good made with pork. Marinating time not included.
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
***Made for Pets'R'us cookathon event May 2010*** In the infamous words of Tony the Tiger, this was GGGRRREAT! I really enjoyed this. 2 things I did different, not by choice though. I used regualar cabbage because the Bok Choy was horrible at the store. And I cannot get red chiles here. So, I used a chili garlic sauce, and added in about 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. It was perfect amount of "heat" for me. Thanks Pets for such a great recipe.
- 1 tablespoon mild sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 small fresh red chilies, finely chopped,deseeded if you want less heat
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken thigh fillets or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 onions, halved then sliced in wedges
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3⁄4 lb baby bok choy, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a glass bowl, add the chicken, mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus, discard, cut asparagus in approx 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Cook, steam or microwave the asparagus until just tender, rinse under cold water, drain.
- Now drain the chicken from the marinade, reserve the marinade.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the wok and stir-fry the onions until going soft, remove.
- Heat the rest of the oil, stir-fry the chicken until just browned, add marinade, simmer for approx 10 minutes, until tender, probably less when you use chicken breast, stir now and then.
- Add the onion, asparagus and bok choy, cook until heated through and the bok choy starts to wilt (this wont be long).
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle on the green onions .