Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I received from my kid sister, Sue. Served with brown rice it makes a great meal!
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 picante sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Sauté chicken with pepper, onion and garlic until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, picante sauce, beans and spices.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with additional picante sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream and scallions as desired.