Recipe by goushiangirl
I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine. It's good, filling and easy to make. Leftovers are even better, especially when reheated in the oven. My favorite enchilada recipe...so far.
Top Review by mersaydees
This is easy to put together, very delicious and has a great presentation. At the time I made this the quantity of flour tortillas was not noted so the filling seemed generous enough for 4 tortillas which could easily serve 4 people! Thanks, goushiangirl! Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 113.39 g green chilies, chopped
- 1.23 ml coriander
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml full-fat sour cream
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, cubed
- 4-8 inch flour tortillas
Optional for garnish
- ripe olives, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add ot pan with onion.
- Stir in chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly,for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and the sour cream until cheese is melted.
- Combine chicken and 3/4 cup of the sauce. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer.