I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine. It's good, filling and easy to make. Leftovers are even better, especially when reheated in the oven. My favorite enchilada recipe...so far.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 -8 inches flour tortillas
Optional for garnish
- ripe olives, chopped
- tomato, chopped
- green onion, chopped
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add ot pan with onion.
- Stir in chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly,for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and the sour cream until cheese is melted.
- Combine chicken and 3/4 cup of the sauce. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer.