Recipe by KGCOOK
This is a recipe that I got from a little recipe book from Old El Paso. I just added the home made chili to it. I have also used beef in place of chicken. This recipe is also good with low fat and no fat cheeses and sour cream. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce, any variety
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can Old El Paso green chilies
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) packageold el paso flour tortillas, for burritos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped avocados (optional) or green chili, if desired (optional)
- green onion
- sour cream
- chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of sprayed 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- In medium bowl combine; chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and chilies.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in casserole dish.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Get a piece of foil big enough to fit the casserole and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Cover dish and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 5 to 10 minutes longer or until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
- Top with family favorite topping.