Recipe by Bec
You can use whatever noodles you want- the original recipe just said "noodles." Also, you don't have to use the reduced fat soups- It is just a preference of mine. I hope you enjoy!
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and then rinsed in cold water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons chili peppers, chopped
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet cook and stir onions in butter until tender.
- Add pimentos, soup and chili peppers.
- In a greased 4 quart casserole, layer 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the chicken, 1/2 soup mixes and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat the layers (Ending with cheese).
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.