1/2 Photos of Chili, Chicken and Corn Soup (Ww Core)
Smoky, spicy and comforting this easy dish is my adaptation of a recipe found on weightwatchers.com. My favorite preparation is used here: chop, dump and simmer. The onions and leeks melt down into the base of the soup giving the liquid both body and flavor. As presented, this recipe is 5 WW points per serving and Core.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds in total
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 3/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed (see directions)
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms or 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt & pepper, to taste
- cilantro (optional)
- 1Place a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Apply a light coating of cooking spray and add the leeks, onions, garlic, and jalepenos. Cook for two minutes.
- 2Cut the chicken thighs in half and add to the pot. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until the surface of the chicken is opaque.
- 3Add the corn kernels, paprika, cumin and chicken broth. Milk the corn cobs by scraping the back of a knife across the surface holding the cob over the pot so the liquid drips into the soup. Bring to a light boil and reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms and stir in, cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- 5Add the yellow squash and stir in cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- 6Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste. The amounts will vary based on the type of broth used.
- 7Optional: The chicken should be tender enough to cut with a back of a spoon, but if you prefer you can remove the thighs and shred the chicken.
- 8Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro (optional).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili, Chicken and Corn Soup (Ww Core)
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 364.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g