Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the Gluten-Free chicken dish, I switched out some of the ingredients, such as sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce to suit my dietary plan, changed the directions and added some garlic. This Chili Chicken is amazing; as I devoured it, I was transported back to my days of gluten-filled eating in New York City Chinese restaurants!
- 2 chicken breasts, rinsed and cut into bite size pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1.23 ml celtic sea salt
- 4.92 ml umeboshi vinegar
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml agave nectar
- 14.79 ml arrowroot
- 29.58 ml grapeseed oil
- 10 dried chilies, cut in half
- 14.79 ml gingerroot, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml water
- In a medium sized bowl, season chicken with salt, umeboshi, sesame oil, agave and arrowroot.
- In a large skillet over a high flame, heat grapeseed oil.
- Add chilis and fry until they turn reddish brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add seasoned chicken to skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, shallot, garlic and water and cook for 7 more minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with Napa Cabbage and Shiitake Mushrooms.
I really loved how you altered this recipe to be so healthy. I enjoyed this dish though felt it could use a little kick. I left out a majority of the chili seeds, next time I think I'll include them. Update: I just took the leftovers out of the freezer, and it was fantastic.