Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is great because it utilizes only 1 large pan. Make sure you use a pan that has a lid. My husband says this tastes a lot like Chicken Enchiladas without the tortillas.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese (you can use any cheese you like)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken about 2 minutes per side.
- Combine salsa, chilies and cumin in a bowl. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and simmer chicken 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Mix cheeses in a bowl.
- Divide cheese mixture over chicken, cover and cook 1 minute, just until cheese melts.
- When you plate this make sure to scoop up any of the melted mixture that is on the bottom of the skillet to serve over the chicken.
- Serve with Sour Cream, Spanish rice, salad and tortilla chips.
This was really good. Simple to make too! Thanks for the great recipe.