1/1 Photo of Chili Cheeseburgers and Homemade Buns
This is a combination of 2 of my recipes. I made the hamburger buns differently, and will tell ya how I made the burgers, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Day 1:.
- 2Make my chili, Kelly's Chili, refrigerate or set aside if making the same day (or use your own favorite chili, of course!).
- 3The night before, wrap 1 loaf frozen bread dough in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight to thaw.
- 4Day 2:.
- 5Make 4 round balls out of bread dough, place on greased cookie sheet, oil dough lightly, cover with plastic wrap and let rise till doubled.
- 6About 3 hours.
- 7Brush with melted butter and garlic powder, sprinkle with some seasoning salt.
- 8Bake about 22 minutes in 350º oven till golden brown. Place on rack to cool.
- 9Make 4 patties out of ground beef, season each side with seasoning salt and coarse ground pepper.
- 10Cook on the grill or in frying pan till done.
- 11Top with cheese.
- 12Warm chili in microwave till hot.
- 13Top burger on cut bun with chili using a slotted spoon so there isn't too much juice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Cheeseburgers and Homemade Buns
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 399.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough