Prep 48 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
This is a combination of 2 of my recipes. I made the hamburger buns differently, and will tell ya how I made the burgers, too!
- Day 1:.
- Make my chili, recipe #50732, refrigerate or set aside if making the same day (or use your own favorite chili, of course!).
- The night before, wrap 1 loaf frozen bread dough in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight to thaw.
- Day 2:.
- Make 4 round balls out of bread dough, place on greased cookie sheet, oil dough lightly, cover with plastic wrap and let rise till doubled.
- About 3 hours.
- Brush with melted butter and garlic powder, sprinkle with some seasoning salt.
- Bake about 22 minutes in 350º oven till golden brown. Place on rack to cool.
- Make 4 patties out of ground beef, season each side with seasoning salt and coarse ground pepper.
- Cook on the grill or in frying pan till done.
- Top with cheese.
- Warm chili in microwave till hot.
- Top burger on cut bun with chili using a slotted spoon so there isn't too much juice.