Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a dish my kids love and eat up when it is cold outside. You can also make a turkey or chicken chili for a healthier version, and use different types of beans for variety. Sour cream can also be replaced with Greek style yogurt without a loss of flavor. This recipe can also be treated kind of like nachos where you can put anything on them as long as they are good. Enjoy!!!!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 cups homemade chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper
- Make a pot of your favorite chili. Cook hash browns by package instructions in frying pan. Place cooked potatoes on a serving platter or bowl. Cover with the chili and top with the shredded cheese. Dollop the sour cream on top in the center. Sprinkle the jalapeños over the top. Use fresh or pickled peppers chopped or sliced.
- Pepper jack cheese can also be used in place of the cheddar. If peppers are too spicy, use your favorite salsa instead, or offer peppers on the side as a topping.
- Greek Yogurt can also be used in place of the sour cream for a lighter version. Hot sauce can also be added to adjust flavor and temperature.