A not to spice comfort food. Delicious. From Oct/07 Bon Appetit
Make and share this Chili-Cheese Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml chopped red onions, divided
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 36.97 ml chili powder
- 4-6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, undrained
- 118.29 ml drained canned diced tomato
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 slice sourdough bread, 1/2-inch-thick, toasted
- 118.29 ml packed grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 cups onions and next 3 ingredients. Sauté until beef is cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 5 minutes. Add beans with liquid and tomatoes.
- Simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Mix in cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Place sourdough toasts on plates. Top with chili, cheese, and remaining chopped red onions.