Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe out of my step-father's sister's family cookbook...it sounds easy and yummy...Use the chili of your choice...prep time doesn't include thawing time...I finally made these...make sure and use a thick/chunky chili...otherwise the liquid will spill out...hubby kept wanting to eat more and more of these things...=)
- 24 Rhodes frozen rolls
- 425.24 g chili, canned
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Thaw rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press 2 rolls together to make a 5 inch circle.
- Cut cheese into 12 1-inch cubes.
- In center of each circle place 1 cube of cheese and 2 Tbls of chili.
- Pull all edges to the top and pinch together; place in sprayed muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, cover, let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Made this as written, and served my southwest spaghetti recipe. If you like cheesy rolls, this is the one to try. Pleased with the outcome. Made for PRMR.
The hardest thing about this recipe is thawing the dough. I used a chunky homemade chili (no beans) already in the freezer instead of canned. Using two rolls was required to form the 5' circle & even then requires stretching. The finished product is well stuffed and oozes cheese. Who doesn't like gooey cheese? Additional ingredients would only be limited by imagination & family preferences. I'd like to try fresh jalapeno or cilantro next time. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.