Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From TOH Quick Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
We loved this dish. Great way to use up cooked rice from the night before. We like some meat in our frittatas... in the end we forgot, however, didn't miss it. This dish is really tasty. Did it pretty close as written, just sub'd yogurt for some of the milk. It was good on it's own & also with salsa. Next time I'll try fresh jalapeno in with the green pepper. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter.
- Saute green pepper and onions until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in rice, cheese,tomato, and chilies.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, Worcestershire, salt, and hot sauce.
- Stir into the rice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tests done.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.