Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a very different style recipe...a rice dish with a chili flavour...if you don't care for a very spicy taste, cut down on the chili peppers...a wonderful side dish. (Note: prep time includes cooking the rice)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups freshly cooked rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) canswhole green chili peppers, with seeds
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees./ Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish./ In a frypan, saute onion in butter; remove from heat./ In a bowl, mix together, the onion, cooked rice, sour cream, cottage cheese.
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper./ Slit open chili peppers so they are flat./ Alternate layers of rice and the combined mixture, chili peppers and the cheese in the baking dish (ending with the grated cheddar cheese)./ Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.