Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy side dish. Plan ahead as you must cook the rice before putting together this dish.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice, sour cream, ricotta, salt, pepper, and chilies.
- Spoon half of rice mixture into casserole.
- Top with half of cheese.
- Top with remaining rice mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.