Recipe by Grammy Charlotte
From Best Loved Casseroles. Can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even supper. How versatile! You can also adjust the hot pepper sauce and the salsa to your taste.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 9 eggs
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl until well blended.
- Add cheese, cottage cheese, chilies, salt, sugar and pepper sauce.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa.