Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An appetizer recipe from a junior league cookbook that is sure to be the first thing to go at your next party!
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped
- 4 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- chopped scallion
- chopped tomato
- sliced black olives
- Mix the crushed tortilla chips and melted butter in a bowl. Press over the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and eggs. Mix in the green chilis, jalapenos, cheeses. Pour over the baked layer. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place on serving platter, loosen the sides of the pan with a knife and remove. Spread the sour cream over the pie and garnish by mounding the chopped tomatoes in the middle, the olives on top in the middle and scattering the chopped scallions around the perimeter of the chopped tomatoes.
- Arrange regular tortilla chips all around with points out and scatter a few red tortilla chips around.