Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My 13 year old son made up this breakfast, combining two of his favorites - breakfast burritos and chili cheese omelettes!
- 1 cup chili, heated thru
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 flour tortillas
- chopped onion (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Make sure all your ingredients are ready - chili hot, cheese grated, optional ingredients chopped, eggs beaten.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add butter to pan.
- When butter is melted, add beaten eggs and scramble.
- When eggs are done, remove pan from heat and quickly heat tortillas over open flame, a few seconds on each side.
- To assemble, place half of scrambled eggs on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with chili. And add any optional ingredients.
- Tuck in both sides of tortilla, and roll up, burrito style.
- Serve immediately.
Kudos to your son!! I too love chili cheese omelettes and grew up in the land of breakfast tacos and never thought to combine the two. I definitely know what we are having for breakfast this weekend.
Wow, I can't believe how good these were! So quick and simple to fix and easy on the budget too! The only thing optional I added was sour cream, and I did double the recipe for DH and myself. Thanks for posting...I have a feeling this is going to be a new favorite of ours!
I made these for lunch. I keep chili in my freezer so I pulled that and heated it up. I followed the recipe as written other then I added some milk instead of the water to my eggs. I did double the recipe for my family (and I think the boys could have eaten even more!) We all enjoyed these. I didn't add any of the optional ingredients. Made for Family Picks ZWT5.