This is a gift for all occasions, especially when there is a loss in someone's family. The gift can be eaten right away, cold or heated. It can frozen and warmed for another day. It is a little spicy but very comforting. It is a perfect gift for a neighbor at Christmas. There will be tons of cooking, cakes and pies but no one thinks of giving a meat loaf which could be used for another day. Especially during the preparation of the holiday season, when everyone is happy but tired and weary.
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 10 rye cocktail bread, squares broken into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili peppers, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 cup neufchatel cheese, cut in small cubes
- cooking spray (Pam)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray Pam in large meat loaf pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl add hamburger, beaten eggs, Rye bread pieces and evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Add white wine vinegar, chili pepper, cumin and olives pieces. Mix.
- Add neufchatel cheese pieces to meat mixture. Mix.
- Put in loaf pan and pat down. Make sure the cheese pieces are not sticking up. Cover them so they are inside of the meat loaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until sides come away from the loaf pan and top has risen.
- Take out of oven and cool.
- Wrapping: Place loaf in disposable foil loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap and bow.
- Instructions on Card:.
- "When you are tired and weary.
- Here is a gift to make you cheery.
- A meal for your loved ones, so you can take a rest.
- Our Love.
- "You can serve this cold for sandwiches or.
- reheat for a hot meal. You can also freeze.
- for another day." God Bless.