- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Combine the following in a baggie and mix well
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain.
- Add the hot water, milk, pasta, and the seasonings.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer on low about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- In the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the cheese; cover the pot again for the final few minutes of cook time.
- When the pasta is tender and the cheese is melted, turn off heat and uncover. Let mixture stand, uncovered, about five minutes. It will continue to thicken as it stands.