Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recip in a recent edition of a Pillsbury cookbook. These are much like the lil smokies you have had in the past but with a little twist.
- 3 lbs cocktail franks
- 8 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces taco sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and stir to coat well.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, stirring every hour.
- Serve straight out of crock pot to keep warm.
These were excellent! The reason for only 3 stars is because this recipe with 3lbs of cocktail franks (3 pkgs) needed 12 ounces of Velveeta cheese rather than 8, 8 ounce jar of taco sauce instead of 6 and a 19 ounce can of chili. I am grateful that I had bought extra ingredients because without them this recipe would not have worked and it is for a potluck. The combination is great but just not enough ingredients for 3lbs of cocktail franks. Sorry. I will make it again though. Thank you for the recipe, Lacy.