Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is NOT a healthy meal. But for taste it is top notch. One of a favorite of Cincinnati.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetdry chili seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2 lbs of super sharp cheddar cheese
- 0.5 (32 ounce) package tater tots or 0.5 (32 ounce) package French fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook fries or tots according to the directions on the bag. Meanwhile; brown the sausage in a med pan. After the sausage is browned drain grease if desired. Put in the McCormick Chili mix and bottle of chili sauce. Mix well and simmer on low heat for about 10 minuets. You may want to add a little water so that the chili does not get too dry during the simmer process. After the potatoes are cooked to firm and the chili has simmered long enough, place the potatoes into a large enough baking dish so that you have room to add the cheese and chili. Now add on the chili directly to the top of the fries or tots. even out the sauce. Pile on the entire 2lb of super sharp cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minuets. Keep an eye on the top of the cheese. You want the edges to be golden brown and you want the middle to be bubbly and rising before you remove the dish from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minuets before serving. Dip and serve.