Recipe by morgainegeiser
This recipe has a crispy cheese topping on a warm corn bread crust.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
This was yummy - a special treat dinner! I used Stagg Chili and a homemade cornbread recipe. I think it would be great for kids especially with a homemade chili to cut down on the preservatives. Made for PAC Spring '12
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) package hot dog
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise and then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions.
- Spread half the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking dish, set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper , onion, celery in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in hot does; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Stir in chili, brown sugar, garlic powder, and chile powder, heat through.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon over prepared corn bread.
- Spread remaining batter onto hot dog mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degree for 28-32 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.