1/4 Photos of Chili Cheese Cornbread (Low Fat)
This is just plain tasty. I consider it to be diabetic friendly too. It's excellent with chili or bean soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, low fat preferred
- 2 tablespoons chopped mild green chilies (or to taste, I use Ortega brand in a can)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Coat an 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with 2 tablespoons of cornmeal.
- 3Sift into a large bowl the remaining cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- 4In another bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, cheese and chilies, then stir into the dry ingredients.
- 5Pour batter into the prepared baking pan .
- 6Bake 18 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Makes 12 2 inch pieces.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Cheese Cornbread (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 177.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g