Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adopted recipe. Super easy, no brainer recipe. I just had to adopt it b/c of the silly, low reviews.It is an easily customizeable recipe. If you don't like onions, don't use them. If you can't stand beans in your chili-use the chili without!!If you have a great aversion to Cheeze Whiz, use Velveeta!!If you don't like hot dogs....well, you better skip this recipe all together!! It's all up to you!!! I personally LOVE chili cheese coney dogs!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 12 tablespoons chili sauce (with OR without beans-your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheese sauce, melted (Cheeze Whiz)
- Cook Hot Dogs. You could grill them, you could pan fry them , you could even boil them if you wanted.
- Heat chili sauce.You could heat it on the side burner of your grill if you have one, you could heat it on the stove, you could even heat it in the microwave if you wanted.
- Place 1 Hot Dog on 1 hot dog bun.
- Spoon warmed chili sauce onto hot dog.
- Sprinkle with onions.
- Tops with cheese sauce.
Fabulous. No fuss dinner here, my friends. I always have these items on hand (or in the freezer) so it's quick to throw together. I used velveeta tonight and it was awesome. I find that I use about 4 T of chili per dog though and the we eat them with a knife and fork!
What a great easy recipe! I can't believe I never thought of using Cheez Whiz instead of the shredded cheese...it really made a difference! Thanks for posting!! We all loved it!
This is such a great easy recipe! In our house, chili dogs HAVE beans and are so overstuffed they are often eaten with a knife and fork - or as finger food for the messier among us! The addition of the Cheeze Whiz as opposed to our normal shredded cheese was a great idea! We will have this often in our house!! Thanks for adopting this great recipe Zaney1.