Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a family favorite, the kids love it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups stir-fry frozen peppers and onions
- 1 (11 ounce) cangreen giant niblets sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) canold el paso refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups Fritos chili cheese corn chips
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry, corn, taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine refried beans and taco sauce; mix well.
- Spoon half of beef mixture into sprayed baking dish. Top with half of bean mixture and half of the corn chips. Top with remaining beef mixture and bean mixture. Cover with foil. Bake at 375ºF. for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Uncover baking dish; top with remaining half of chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
This was so good. And easy...the hubby made it! It turned out great. I was a little unsure about the frozen peppers and onions, but they went with the dish nicely. Thanks for the recipe!