Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205'C).
- Sift flour, salt and spices into a bowl.
- Cut in butter finely until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add grated cheese and mix well.
- Mix egg with cold water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of egg mixture to cheese mixture and mix to form a fairly stiff dough.
- Knead gently on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to a 12x6" rectangle.
- Trim edges.
- Cut in half lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Brush each half with remaining egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 half with sesame seeds and the other half with poppy seeds.
- Cut each half in 10 triangles and separate slightly to prevent sticking.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until light golden and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.