Found this in a cookbook I got from the library. It makes a good appetizer or you can add it to the meal. Kids seem to like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup margarine or 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (can add more if you like)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (sometimes we use pepper jack cheese)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (I sometimes us more as we like onions)
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Mix egg, flour, margarine, cornmeal, salt and chili powder.
- 3Press in ungreased 9x13 pan.
- 4Bake until firm (about 25 minutes).
- 5Mix remaining ingredients.
- 6Spread over baked layer.
- 7Bake until cheese melted about 15 minutes.
- 8Cool and cut into bars about 3x1 inch.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Cheese Bars
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g