Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
Found this in a cookbook I got from the library. It makes a good appetizer or you can add it to the meal. Kids seem to like it too.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (can add more if you like)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (sometimes we use pepper jack cheese)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (I sometimes us more as we like onions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix egg, flour, margarine, cornmeal, salt and chili powder.
- Press in ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake until firm (about 25 minutes).
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Spread over baked layer.
- Bake until cheese melted about 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars about 3x1 inch.