Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so easy to prepare.....the whole recipe is made in one dish, and boy....is it big on taste. (note: if desired, add a can of drained mushrooms along with all other ingredients, and adjust the seasonings to suit taste)
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-qt baking dish.
- In a prepared baking dish, combine all ingredients, except the cheese.
- Top with 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover, and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Return to oven, bake uncovered, for another 10 minutes longer.