Recipe by geckoluvr2000
I found this recipe in TOH magazine and tried it. We thought it was great!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Very simple and uses ingredients we usually have on hand! Quick and easy way to sneak some veggies in on the kids!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
The flavor in this dish with the combination of spices is perfect. I made mine extra hot by using a drained can of Rotel for the chopped tomatoes as well as the chopped green chilies as directed. Lot of heat which I was looking for. The corn (although I thought that an odd addition) was very good. This would and will make for a nice lunch for work. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 1 1⁄3 cups uncooked penne
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in the cheese, taco seasoning, salt, and corn.
- Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta and stir into cheese sauce.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies just until combined.