1/4 Photos of Chili Cheddar Biscuits
An outstanding biscuit recipe that is especially good with Tex-Mex inspired meals like chili con carne or a spicy beef stew. Or, just split and stuff with scrambled egg and ham or bacon and you've got a mean breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
- 6 ounces coarsely-grated cheddar cheese
- 5 jalapenos, seeded and minced (2 inches long, don’t forget to wear kitchen gloves!)
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1Make biscuits: Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt; add the butter and blend the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- 2Stir in the cheddar and the chilies; add the sour cream and stir the mixture until it just forms a soft, but not sticky, dough.
- 3Knead the dough gently for 20 seconds (about 6 turns) on a lightly-floured surface.
- 4Roll or pat it out ½ inch thick and with a 3 ½ inch cookie cutter, cut out 8 rounds.
- 5Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 430F oven for 15-17 minutes, or until they are golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 665.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g