Chili Casserole With Polenta Topping
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, beef-style crumbles, corn kernels, diced tomato, tomato sauce, chili powder, cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoons of the salt, the onion powder, and cumin. Spread the mixture into a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- To create the polenta, in small saucepan, combine the water, cornmeal, margarine, and the remaining 1 teaspoons of salt and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, for 12 to 15 minutes or until a spoon leaves a line when drawn through the mixture.
- Pour the polenta over the mixture in the baking dish and spread it to the edges.
- Allow it to cool and firm up for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the polenta then bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the polenta is golden on top.