Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
TOH; family favorite
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in pasta; heat through.
This is excellent tasting,yumm! Will be making this again.
I've made this one twice already & we all love it! Thanks!
A great week night family casserole. I was looking for a comfort food casserole last night and chose this recipe. Then I realized I didn't have kidney beans and bowtie pasta, but I did have black beans and macaroni. I was real pleased with those substitutions. I added a little cumin and cayenne pepper (we like our spice) and at the end, put it in a baking pan, topped it with some cheese slices and melted those for a few minutes in a 350 oven. Very yummy. We're looking forward to the left-overs, and I'm sure this is one of those dishes that is even better the next day. We'll make this again. Thanks, NurseDi.