Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I had left over Chili my kids wanted this dish. You can also make it in little Frito Corn Chip Bags (just cut open one side of bag pour Chili over corn chips, dot with sour cream, give them a plastic spoon) and they are good to go. No muss no fuss. They are sold like that at country fairs.
- 2 (46 1/2 ounce) cans chili (or left-overs)
- 2 (16 ounce) bagsof grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) bags corn chips, crushed
- 32 ounces sour cream (of course amounts will vary depending on amount of people you will be serving)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Heat chili in a pot first.
- Put layer of crushed corn chips on bottom of roasting pan.
- Pour chili over corn chips.
- Cover with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese has melted.
- Serve with hot dogs - hamburgers.
- Dollops of sour cream on chili optional.
- Kids like it just by itself, especially if you pour just chili in a Frito Corn Chip bag topped with sour cream.
DH loved this and had two helpings! I made half of the recipe with a 40 ounce can of Hormel chili with beans and 9 ounce bag of Fritos. Warming the chili in the pan first makes the casserole the perfect temperature when coming out of the oven. Topped with some extra crushed Fritos and sour cream. A good meal by itself! Thank you MISSIB for being such a good girl during PAC!
We use to have this when I was a teenager. Mother would prepare in an iron skillet, add sliced onions and perhaps just a bit of water. Pop it in the oven, and before long we had a great meal for cool winter nights. Thanks for reminding me of this easy recipe.
This was great--my teenagers especially loved eating out of the bag. I usually serve my Jo Mama's Chili with sour cream and cheddar cheese but switching the usual bowl for a bag of chips really made it fun. They all wanted to just eat them out of hand rather than use a bowl, so the dog enjoyed it as well! Next time, they either use a bowl or they go outside. :)