Recipe by MISSIB
When I had left over Chili my kids wanted this dish. You can also make it in little Frito Corn Chip Bags (just cut open one side of bag pour Chili over corn chips, dot with sour cream, give them a plastic spoon) and they are good to go. No muss no fuss. They are sold like that at country fairs.
Top Review by lauralie41
DH loved this and had two helpings! I made half of the recipe with a 40 ounce can of Hormel chili with beans and 9 ounce bag of Fritos. Warming the chili in the pan first makes the casserole the perfect temperature when coming out of the oven. Topped with some extra crushed Fritos and sour cream. A good meal by itself! Thank you MISSIB for being such a good girl during PAC!
- 2 (46 1/2 ounce) cans chili (or left-overs)
- 2 (16 ounce) bagsof grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) bags corn chips, crushed
- 32 ounces sour cream (of course amounts will vary depending on amount of people you will be serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Heat chili in a pot first.
- Put layer of crushed corn chips on bottom of roasting pan.
- Pour chili over corn chips.
- Cover with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese has melted.
- Serve with hot dogs - hamburgers.
- Dollops of sour cream on chili optional.
- Kids like it just by itself, especially if you pour just chili in a Frito Corn Chip bag topped with sour cream.