Recipe by Chabear01
This is a recipe from my late mothers grey recipe book. She made it a few times and it was pretty darned good.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) packagesmall corn chips
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, sliced and pitted
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- in large heavy kettle cook meat until it looses its red color, breaking up with a fork, drain fat off.
- Add next 4 ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring several times to avoid sticking.
- In a 4 quart casserole at least 3 1/2 inches deep, layer meat mixture with beans, corn chips, olives, and cheese, ending with chips and cheese.
- Bake in over 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.