Recipe by Chef Kathy
This is a quick easy supper that my kids have loved for years. It can be tossed together in about 35 minutes on the stove or cooked all day in a crockpot.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans
- 15 ounces red kidney beans
- 15 ounces black beans
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 2 (15 ounce) cansrotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- taco chips
- sour cream
- diced bell pepper
- diced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic, drain. Stir in chile powder, cumin, salt and peppers.
- Let it simmer about 5 minutes then add all canned ingredients (do not drain anything before adding to chili). Stir well and simmer until heated through.
- Serve with shredded cheese, taco chips, sour cream and/or diced peppers and onions to taste.
- *Can layer crumbled ground beef and diced veggies with spices, canned beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Makes great leftovers, if you have any left! My husband, sons, daughter and grandsons can make this disappear in one meal!