Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kids love these - minus the onion. Great weekday meal when you're pushed for time and you're not watching calories! Leftover chili is best but canned will do.
- 4 burritos, frozen or homemade
- 3 cans chili or 3 cups homemade chili
- 3⁄4 cup oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar salsa (your favorite brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- sliced jalapeno
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the burritos and fry on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- While burritos are frying, heat the chili on stove or microwave.
- To serve:.
- Plate the burrito, top with a ladle of chili, add a handful of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and onion.
- Sprinkle a few jalapenos on top.
- Finish with a couple tablespoons of salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
I liked these. Easy to do.