Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
My teenage daughter made this recipe in Home Ec. You'll enjoy the spice to give plain burgers a little zip.
Top Review by JenniferK2
These were just OK to us. There were not bad, just would not go out of the way for them. The burgers themselves were a little bland, and the sauce would have been better with less chili powder I think.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 minced fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients together in a bowl, and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each into a large flat patty.
- Combine sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Place patties on broiling tray, broil 5-6 inches from heat source, leaving the door slightly ajar.
- When the first side is done (5-8 minutes), turn over and cook the second side, basting with sauce during the last 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed hamburger buns if desired.