Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My teenage daughter made this recipe in Home Ec. You'll enjoy the spice to give plain burgers a little zip.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 minced fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Combine first seven ingredients together in a bowl, and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each into a large flat patty.
- Combine sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Place patties on broiling tray, broil 5-6 inches from heat source, leaving the door slightly ajar.
- When the first side is done (5-8 minutes), turn over and cook the second side, basting with sauce during the last 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed hamburger buns if desired.
These were just OK to us. There were not bad, just would not go out of the way for them. The burgers themselves were a little bland, and the sauce would have been better with less chili powder I think.
Mmmmmmmm Gooood One!! Will definately be making these again, wonderful flavour, I think the dry mustard makes them, the sauce was very very good with just the right amount of heat. Thanks for sharing!