Great recipe for a chili burger with all the chili flavor right in the patty. Top it off like nachos and you have a truly delicious burger. I also have this original posted on about.com.
- 3 lbs ground round or 3 lbs sirloin
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (more or less to suit your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon beer (optional) or 1 tablespoon sangria (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- refried beans
- onion, chopped
- jalapeno pepper
- cilantro, chopped
- nacho cheese
- Mix ground beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, beer or Sangria, garlic and oregano together in a bowl.
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Grill over hardwood coals (I use lump charcoal, better flavor than if you use smoke chips) until done to your preference.
- Serve on hamburger buns or hard rolls with your choice of toppings.